Many adults spend the better part of their day at work, so creating or improving healthy options in the workplace is critical to improving health in our community. Additionally, employers that offer a worksite wellness policy or program save money through lower insurance costs, increased productivity, and decreased absenteeism.
BE WELL @ WORK partners with local worksites to surround employees with healthy options.
We do this by focusing on the following elements which become the backbone of a comprehensive and sustainable worksite wellness program:
Employees who are breastfeeding are supported in their efforts to give their baby the best start! * Create a Designated and Supportive Mother's Room
* Enact Policies and Practices to Support Mothers
* Educate Managers about How to Support Mothers
* Educate Decision Makers on the Business Case / ROI
* Share Local Support Resources with Mothers
* Apply for Recognition as a Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace
Time and places for physical activity. * Support Opportunities for Physical Activity (such as encouraging walking meetings, mapping walking routes, or supporting active breaks)
* Create Places for Indoor and Outdoor Activity (such as bicycle racks, bicycle library, standing or treadmill work stations)
* Apply for Recognition as a Bicycle Friendly Business
* Flexible Scheduling and Dress Code (as able)
* Physical Activity Policy or Guidelines
* Physical Activity Learning Opportunities
* Other Physical Activity Support
Tobacco-free buildings, grounds and company vehicles * Cessation Support and Learning Opportunities
* Tobacco Quit Medications Benefit
* Tobacco-free Worksite Grounds Policy (including enforcement procedures)
For more information To learn more about what BE WELL is doing in Blue Earth County, including how to partner with us in making our communities healthier places to live, feel free to contact us.