Save Time and Pre-Apply
Visit Online Services at DVS to pre-apply for a Driver's License or ID. You can also review where your license is in the approval process, check the status of your driving privileges, and much more.
Read IDs: What to Know
Minnesota's REAL ID Driver's License and Identification Cards are now offered. Get more information here.
Available Services & Information
- Ministerial Credentials
- Notary Commission Registration
- Motor Vehicle Licensing and Registration - Title Applications accepted until 4:00 p.m. daily
- Driver's Licenses - Some License and ID Applications accepted until 4:00 p.m. daily
- Fishing and Hunting Licenses
- Birth and Death Certificates
- Marriage Licenses - Marriage Applications accepted until 4:00 p.m. daily
- Driver's Manuals: Printed Class D and Motorcycle manuals cost $5 and Commercial Manuals cost $8.
Did You Know?
- Keep a portion of your money in your county! The filing fee for vehicle registration renewals is kept in the county if you process your renewal through our office. If you cannot make it into our office, you can mail your vehicle registration to us.
- You have 10 days to transfer a motor vehicle.
- You have 30 days to change your address or name on your driver’s license.
- You have 60 days after moving to the state to obtain a Minnesota driver’s license and Minnesota license plates
- License tabs need to be purchased by the last day of the month displayed on your license plate.
- As of August 1, 2016, there is no longer a 5-day waiting period for most marriage applications. Visit the Marriage Records page for complete details.
- Insurance information for motor vehicles must be provided at the time of registration per Minnesota State Statute 169.798 Subd. 4, effective January 1, 2016. Proof of insurance includes the insurance company name, policy number and policy expiration date. Vehicle owners will not be allowed to renew their vehicle registration without providing the required information.